Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thu November 26th - 8.11mi

Distance 3.11 mi
Duration 16:10 (Post-collegiate PR)
Pace 5:11 min/mi
Shoe T5 Racer (yello)
WUCD Shoe Adrenaline Gts 9 (14)
Distance WU/CD 5.00 mi
Temperature 46°F
Wind None
Conditions Sunny and Dry
Intensity Hard
Overall Feeling Good
Comments Cortland YMCA Turkey Trot CHAMP!

First time I've won the TT in a while. I think I was in high school the last time I won. The race started with the usual crew sprinting 400 meters and dying. Patrick Murphy and I ran together for the first mile and a half (first mile was 5:13), then I gapped him by a few meters for about a mile before he caught back up. We ran the last 1k together (3 mile was roughly 15:43?) before I pulled away at the end to win by a couple of seconds. I actually had a kick in this race, which was a pleasant surprise. Won the trifecta of a bird, pumpkin pie, and a loaf of blueberry nut bread.




powered by RunPartner.com

No comments: