Saturday, June 28, 2014

Sat June 28th - 8mi

Time of day 12:45 PM
Distance 8.00 mi
Shoe Adrenaline Gts 11 (19)
Temperature 81°F
Wind Light
Conditions Sunny and Dry
Intensity Easy
Overall Feeling Average
Comments First run with a GPS watch. I decided on the Garmin Forerunner 10. It seems to have better accuracy than the Timex and Nike+ models that are comparatively priced, but fewer features than the Forerunner 305 or the 310xt. The only feature I was really looking for was distance, so this bare-bones model seemed to be the best deal for me. It also has a face not much bigger than a regular stopwatch, which I appreciate.

Home for the weekend, so we went to pick strawberries. I ran home from the field down Rt. 11. Hot and sunny with a nice breeze. Felt pretty good, but the long straight run and the sun wore me down a little bit, so my pace slowed from just under 7:00 at the beginning to about 7:45 by the end.
powered by RunPartner.com

No comments: