Monday, December 14, 2009

Sat December 12th - 14mi (2) - USATF Club XC Championships

Time of day 1:30 PM
Distance 6.21 mi
Duration 34:13
Pace 5:30 min/mi
Shoe Zoom Waffle Xc 7 (Orang)
WUCD Shoe Adrenaline Gts 9 (14)
Distance WU/CD 4.50 mi
Temperature 40°F
Wind Significant
Conditions Cloudy and Dry
Intensity Excruciating
Overall Feeling Average
Comments USATF CLUB XC NATIONALS

10k over grassy rolling hills. There wasn't a single flat section on the whole course, which was a 2 mile loop run thrice with a pig tail for the finish. The pre-race report called for mud, but it was cold enough the night before to harden the ground, which made for excellent footing. The race went out fast, and I got a little too swept up in the pack and ended up going out too hard. Hit the mile in 5:08. Stayed with Patrick Murphy for the first 4 miles, then he gapped me by about 10 meters for the next mile before dropping me in the last mile. I cramped up on the final hill, which lasted through the finish and killed my kick. In hindsight, it would have been a much better strategy to go out under control and have something left in the end. It was a rookie mistake, and I know that my best races come when I go out under control. Another learning experience, and I'll be better prepared next year when we're in Charlotte, NC.

Splits:
1 mile - 5:08
2 mile - 10:23 (5:15)
3 mile - ?
4 mile - ?
5 mile - 26:57 (5:23 pace)
6 mile - ?
10k - 34:13 (5:30 pace)

Yeouch, slowed down a lot in that last mile. I got a major cramp up the last hill which killed my kick, but I guess I didn't think I slowed down quite that much after the 5 mile mark.




http://www.usatf.org/events/2009/USATFClubXCChampionships/results/men.asp

http://georgetownrunningcompany.blogspot.com/2009/12/national-club-xc-pictures.html
 ________________________

Time of day 8:00 AM
Distance 2.30 mi
Temperature 20°F
Conditions Sunny and Dry
Intensity Easy
Comments 2+ miles on the "Red Mile" horse racetrack next to our hotel. Just an easy shakeout run on nice, packed dirt. Right calf still a little tight, but loosening up. Probably won't be an issue in the race today.




powered by RunPartner.com

No comments: