Time of day 7:00 PM
Distance 17.00 mi
Duration 2:07:48 @ 7:31 min/mi
Shoe Adrenaline Gts 9 (15)
Comments Long run after work. Started out just running on whatever streets I wanted to. Ran through the zoo and didn't see a single person. I thought for a moment I was going to have a repeat of the time I got locked in the zoo on a run. From the zoo I ran up Connecticut, then cut up Newark and started running on back roads and trails, mostly following Reno, then stumbled upon Connecticut again once I was in Chevy Chase, MD. Ran up that road to East-West Highway, then followed that into Bethesda past the BCC track, which I stopped at to see if the guys were still working out (they weren't). Finished the run by running down Wisconsin to Massachusetts, then back on Cleveland or some other road that leads to Cleveland Park, then Adams Morgan to my house.
Good run, but it got a little scary at night out in the suburbs. I feel much more comfortable running at night in Columbia Heights.
I decided on this run that to motivate my sorry self I will run every day for the next 100 days. The minimum amount for a day to count is 2 miles.
MORE: Here is the original post from when I got locked in the zoo (July 26, 2006): "my legs felt great. i got locked in the zoo, however, which wasn't so great. eventually i found a security guard who let me out in a part of dc that i had never seen before... so needless to say i got lost and my 13 miler quickly became a 16 miler. i also tripped on a wire and wiped out hard. my hip is still a little sore, and i have a few scrapes on my back, but nothing major. all-in-all it was a good run. it got my adrenaline flowing, at least, which helped me keep up a good pace."
powered by RunPartner.com
2 comments:
How did you get out of the zoo when you got locked in?
I found a zoo keeper, luckily. I've added my log comments from that run as an addendum to the post for your enjoyment.
Post a Comment