Penn Relays 20k
11th place
1st in age group
1:13:50
Mile Splits:
5:37 - 5:37
5:30 - 11:07
5:32 - 16:40
5:56 - 22:37
5:54 - 28:31 - 5 miles
5:57 - 34:29
5:54 - 40:23
5:58 - 46:22
6:09 - 52:31
6:13 - 58:44 - 10 miles
6:24 - 1:05:09
1:13:50 - 20k
My plan was to take it out somewhat conservatively, since I knew from Cherry Blossom that I wouldn't be able to hold 5:30s at this point. I got caught up in the second pack, and there was no one behind us, so I just maintained contact until 4 miles or so, then two guys split off with me, then around 5 miles it was just me and some kid in green. He pulled away and I ran the second half of the race solo. My feet hurt, especially my left foot. I think it's time for some new trainers. Cooled down on the infield.
There was a bit of a fiasco with the awards ceremony. They didn't have PM as part of the GRC team, so we were scored as incomplete, even though we dominated the team competition and put all three of our guys in front of the "winning" team's second guy. The coach of their team was nice and gave up the plaque, though, so we ended up with the hardware after all.
No comments:
Post a Comment